Terms of usage of WHOIS-service
Limitations on Use of Data
a) The Whois Service is granted by REG.RU for information purposes, and may be used only to obtain the information regarding domain names and contact persons.
b) By applying to REG.RU's Whois Service User shall agree that:
- will use the Data obtained only for lawful purposes
- under no circumstances will use the Data to support the transmission by e-mail, facsimile or telephone of any unsolicited information
- will not enable high volume queries exceeding established limits.
c) It is forbidden:
- to make any changes in the Data obtained from Whois Service in a case of its further distribution for information purposes
- to enable further distribution of the Data obtained for commercial purposes.
Technical restrictions on Use of REG.RU's Whois Service
a) Queries to the Whois database are limited from any given IP-address in a minute.
If more than the allotted queries come in from a specific IP-address within a minute the system rejects queries from that IP-address and the following message may appear:
You have exceeded allowed connection rate. Please try to connect later. See http://www.reg.com/whois/servpol for details.
b) To reestablish access to REG.RU's Whois Service it is necessary to send request Support comprising the following items:
- a request to reestablish an access to REG.RU's Whois Service
- IP-address to which the grant of access to REG.RU's Whois Service has been severed
- list of measures taken to eliminate the possibility to exceed the rate limit in sending queries to WHOIS Service.
c) In case of need to exceed the rate limit in sending queries to REG.RU Whois Service it's necessary to send request Support comprising the following items:
- IP-address from which the queries will be sent
- solid grounds of necessity
- the query rate requested for an access to REG.RU's Whois Service.
d) REG.RU reserves the right not to reestablish an access to REG.RU's Whois Service to User in a case of recurrent failure to comply with technical restrictions.
e) REG.RU reserves the right to modify conditions and limitations mentioned above at any time without prior or subsequent notification of any kind.