Domains Sales Guarantee & Escrow
If you are an owner (Administrator) of a domain, and you want to sell it to a specific customer, or if you are a Customer and want to buy a domain from a specific Seller, REG.RU can serve as a Guarantor of the deal's correctness and provide the transfer of the domain name to the Customer only after the payment for the domain name has been completed.
REG.RU's general order of service is listed below:
- Seller and the Buyer complete the documents (Proxy Agreements) and submit them to REG.RU, in accordance to which REG.RU can perform the transfer of the domain name to the Buyer upon the payment of domain name cost;
- The Buyer must have a registered account at REG.RU website as well as complete the Form for domain registration and agreements;
- REG.RU issues an invoice to the Byuer and expects to receive the payment from the later for the purchase of the domain name;
- Buyer transfers the amount for the domain name to REG.RU in accordance with the issued invoice;
- Upon receipt of the payment REG.RU transfers the domain name to the Buyer and the amount payable to Seller is transferred to the later.
All transfers of domain names and funds to the Buyer and Seller are normally carried out within 3 business days after the obligatory payments are completed.
Clients wishing to use these services should have the following Documents:
- Request letter for the Transfer:
- Seller's letter for the Transfer Buyer's letter for the Transfer
- Notirized power
For commercial entities
(unless the Seller comes to a REG.RU office) for either entities or individuals
- Sellers wishing to transfer money
For commercial entity
following the sale of a domain name to an account balance at REG.RU should include details relating to this fact in the application:
- EDS instruction
- Instructions for use of EDS
The money payable to the Seller for the domain purchase can be transferred:
- to the Seller’s Personal Account in REG.RU (for using them for corporate payment of services);
- or via the Seller's account at REG.RU through any payment methods accepted at REG.RU (to be used for further payment for services);
In cases where the money is to be transferred directly to the Seller's account at REG.RU, The Request letter should mention “Registrar of domain names REG.RU account” instead of any other bank information.
- This service will not be provided to domain names currently involved in a legal suit.
- This service will not be provided for a domain name in .RU, .SU, .РФ zones, if fewer than 30 (thirty) calendar days have passed since the last transfer of the domain name to another Administrator or another Registrar (if applicable).
- This service will not be provided for a domain name if, at the moment when the Request to sell the domain name is received, the initiation of a Registrar procedural changes has already been started.
- The financial statement for the operation won't be provided. It can be provided the report for the expenditure on Buyer request.
Financial service conditions:
- The Buyer pays the costs of the domain name with REG.RU fees.
- The cost of this REG.RU service is 10% (including VAT) from the full price of the domain name, but not less then 1500 rubles. The aforementioned sum will be deducted from the payment when the money is transferred to the Seller.
Attention: REG.RU does not take additional fees from the Seller and does not transfer to the Seller additional payments for Russian taxes, including Personal Income Tax (13%). The Seller receives the cost of the domain name paid by the Buyer, fully remitted to REG.RU.
Addendum. Based on Pt. 2, Art. 228 of the Russian Tax Code, when making operations at the Seller’s request, REG.RU is not a tax agent and obligations for independent calculation and payment of Personal Income Tax and presentation of a tax declaration to the Federal Tax Inspectorate rest with the domain administrator (taxpayer).