Guarantor of the deal when buying/selling domain names
If you are the owner (Administrator) of a domain and want to sell it to a specific Buyer or you are a Buyer and want to buy a domain from a specific Seller, then REG.RU Company can act as a Guarantor of the correctness of the deal and ensure the transfer of the domain name to the Buyer only after payment from him for the domain name is received and the provision by the Parties of the necessary documents (in the original or signed by EDS).
The order of service provision:
- The Seller and the Buyer draw up and submit to REG.RU documents (Orders), in accordance with which they entrust REG.RU to transfer the domain name to the Buyer after paying the cost of the domain name;
- The Buyer must register on the REG.RU website, as well as fill out the Basic form for registration of domains and concluding a written agreement;
- REG.RU invoices the Buyer and awaits payment from him for the domain name;
- The Buyer transfers funds for the domain name to REG.RU in accordance with the invoice;
- REG.RU, upon receipt of payment, transfers to the Buyer the rights for the domain name and transfers the funds due to him to the Seller.
The transfer of the domain name to the Buyer and the transfer to the Seller of the sum of money due to him for the sale of the domain name is carried out within three working days after the Parties provide the necessary documents and the payment for the domain name is received from the Buyer.
- The service is not provided in relation to domain names that are the subject of legal proceedings.
- The service can not be provided in relation to a domain name in RU, .РФ zones, if less than 30 (thirty) calendar days have passed from the day of the last transfer of the domain name from another Administrator, if any.
- The service can not be provided in relation to a domain name in .SU zone, if less than 30 (thirty) calendar days have passed from the day of the last transfer of the domain name from another Administrator or other Registrar, if any.
- The service can not be provided in relation to a domain name if, by the time of receipt of Order for the sale for the domain name, the procedure for changing the Registrar has already been initiated.
- REG.RU company does not provide financial documents for legal entities on the service provided. At the request of the Buyer, a report on funds expenditures may be provided.
Financial terms of service provision:
- The Buyer pays the price of the domain name, taking into account the REG.RU remuneration.
- The REG.RU remuneration is 10 percent (including VAT) of the domain name price, but not less than 1500 rubles, and is deducted from the domain name price when transferring funds due to the Seller.
- Funds due to the Seller from the sale of the domain are transferred to the resident bank of the Russian Federation to the bank account specified during the execution of the Order.
Attention: Registrar of domain names REG.RU does not withhold additional fees from the Seller and does not impose additional costs on him, related to the transfer of taxes to the Russian Federation budget, including personal income tax (PIT) at a rate of 13%. The full cost of the domain name paid by the Buyer is transferred to the Seller, minus the REG.RU remuneration.
Addendum. On the basis of subparagraph 2 of paragraph 1 of Article 228 of the Tax Code of the Russian Federation, when performing transactions on the Seller’s Order, Registrar of domain names REG.RU is not recognized as a tax agent and the responsibility for the independent calculation and payment of personal income tax and submission of tax return at the IFTS lie on the domain administrator (taxpayer).